Wednesday, September 21, 2011

TRICK or TREAT

HALLOWEEN 2011

Although I have had my fair share of treats, obviously... I have been focusing more on "tricks" these days, namely, gigs at Fiverr.com.

Here is my effort to save the environment:


Yes, I know, 7 minutes out of your life and all that...

If you're short on time, here's the cropped version without all the extras:


You can purchase my Halloween Witch gig here

Sure, the promotional gig video is geared more towards Halloween party invites and greetings, but I will do ANYTHING with my "Chartreuse" witch character, and will offer this gig year round. 


That Pesky Watermark
Generally speaking, and depending on how the buyer chooses to distribute, the watermark on finished work will be quite smaller, far more transparent, less evident and distracting. I have learned the hard way what happens to videos released with no copyright on them. This took me three long days, and lengthy DCMA efforts with Youtube to achieve. That was not a buyer of mine, rather, it was someone who saw one of my first "unprotected" Youtube videos, and stole it. 

If my buyer agrees to have me upload their request onto my Youtube Channel, because I have an agreement with Youtube now, I will go even easier on the watermark and it's frequency. If my buyer wants their request via .mp4/.wmv, then I will protect my work, again, not as frequent or apparent as shown in the promotional gig videos above...it will be discreet, but my watermark will be there, at least on some brief sections of the performance. 

I am planning on posting my licensing agreement, and how, on certain gigs, the agreement differs. Look for those details in an upcoming post. 





No comments:

Post a Comment